Updated 4 December 2012

There are three categories of deceased:
CATEGORY I:  Murdered, Shot, or Suicided (Sabow Case)
CATEGORY II:  Other Similar Military Murders*
CATEGORY III:  Died of Natural Causes

* Whether the murders are by military, contractors, or spouses trying to collect life insurance, the common element is shoddy unprofessional investigations, a quick military insistence that even the most bizarre murders were suicide, and a general tendency to cover-up the truth.

CATEGORY I:  Murdered, Shot, or Suicided (Sabow Case)

1991-01-22 SABOW, James E. Colonel.  Murdered in his home, in all probability by Colonel Underwood facilitating the work of 2 or 3 others.  Vietnam vet that flew over 200 sorties during the war and was awarded the Bronze Star. Eight days before his death he was promoted to the position of Acting Chief of Staff of Marine Corps Air Operations for the Western United States.

1994-12-25 WADE, Tom.  Sergeant.  On January 12, 1991, Inspector General Hollis Davison’s team visited El Toro.[*] The first place they went was to Building 53 – the records department. They ordered Sergeant Felix Segovia to access the command staff computers. Segovia assigned this task to Sergeant Tom Wade, his networking specialist. When Wade accessed the MWR computers, he discovered that they were completely “purged.” There was absolutely nothing in their memory, not even a program!  Arriving home from church services on Christmas Day, 1994, Sergeant Tom Wade was dragged from his car as his four-year old daughter watched, then shot in the head, execution style. The girl spent the night whimpering in the car.  Even though the killing occurred off-base in a civilian apartment complex, the Marines cordoned off Wade’s apartment, not allowing the local police to investigate. The County Sheriff informed Gene Wheaton (who was working for Dr. Sabow) that the Marines sealed Wade’s apartment before local law enforcement agencies could conduct their investigation, on the grounds of “national security.” Wade’s death remains a mystery.

1995-02-24  AGENBROAD, Jerry.  Colonel.  On February 24, 1995, five days after “60 Minutes” did a story on the illegal C-l30 acquisitions, Colonel Jerry Agenbroad was found hanging in the Bachelor Officers Quarters at El Toro. He was in charge of MWR at the time of his death and at one time headed the air museum.

2004-12-10 WEBB, Gary.  Journalist and author of Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Cocaine Explosion (Seven Stories Press, 1999).  Subsequently found “suicided” with not one but TWO bullets entering his head.

2010-03-05 BEDELL, John Patrick.  Pentagon subway shooter obsessed with death of Col. James Sabow, USMC.  From Hollster, CA.  Died after being shot in the head by Pentagon security officers defending themselves from his unannounced attack with a 9mm handgun.

CHISOM, Jack.  In late 1991 Jack Chisom, a co-owner of T&G Aviation, which supplied two C-l30s and two DC-7s for the clandestine operations, was found dead in an irrigation ditch in the Arizona desert. His death was attributed to a hit-and-run driver.  “There was no reason for this 60-plus year-old man to be out in the desert in the middle of the night,” says Sabow. “He knew too much.”

GARZA, Rudy.  Drug dealer, attacked Marine Pete Barbee who killed him and was in turn sentence to one and a half years in prison by a local court and police system that appear to have been in the drug dealer’s pockets.   While in jail, Barbee was threatened and beaten. He was told he would be killed in jail. At one point, Barbee was moved from his cell block to another one, right next to Rudy Garza’s cousin, Eddie. Like his cousin, Eddie Garza was involved in a great deal of violence and drug trafficking….

HENDRICKS, Chuck, C-130 Crew.   Chuck Hendricks and Bob Weldon, crew members on a C-l30, were killed in Angola when their plane crashed. The plane was registered to St. Lucia Airline which was formed by Oliver North and Ted Shackley. The cargo included small arms and other weapons. Hendricks was from Mena, Arkansas.  Weldon is the nephew of Congressman Curt Weldon of Pennsylvania.

WELDON, Bob.  C-130 Crew.   Chuck Hendricks and Bob Weldon, crew members on a C-l30, were killed in Angola when their plane crashed. The plane was registered to St. Lucia Airline which was formed by Oliver North and Ted Shackley. The cargo included small arms and other weapons. Hendricks was from Mena, Arkansas.  Weldon is the nephew of Congressman Curt Weldon of Pennsylvania.

CATEGORY II:  Other Similar Military Murders

Admiral Jeremy M. Boorda

1996-05-16 USN BOORDA, Jeremy M., Admiral.  Boorda died on May 16, 1996 from an apparent suicide, after allegedly shooting himself in the chest.[9] The autopsy results were never released to the public. Boorda reportedly also left two suicide notes; neither of which were released publicly, but the notes were said to have been addressed to his wife and to his Public Information Officer.[10] He was reported to have been distraught over a news media investigation, led by David Hackworth of Newsweek, into two Combat Distinguishing Devices (Combat “V”) he wore on the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal and Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal service ribbons on his navy uniform. The “V’ device is a miniature bronze letter “V” worn on suspension and service ribbons of certain medals and ribbons, indicating valor in combat; the media report claimed that Boorda was not entitled to wear them.In the wake of the Tailhook scandal, Boorda faced unrelenting hostility from a majority of Naval flag officers who believed he had betrayed the Navy by allying himself with Clinton administration demands for reform of the Navy’s officer corps. Naval aviators, in particular, were incensed by the treatment of Stan Arthur (Vice Chief of Naval Operations and senior Naval aviator), whose nomination for the post of Commander, United States Pacific Command was withdrawn by President Clinton at the behest of Senator David Durenberger of Minnesota.Durenberger raised questions over Arthur’s possible mishandling of sexual harassment allegations brought by one of the Senator’s constituents, Rebecca Hansen, a female student Naval aviator who was attrited from flight training.  The administration expected protracted hearings to ensue over Arthur’s nomination, and the Pacific Command position to remain unfilled during this period; Arthur decided to retire from the Navy on February 1, 1995 as a four-star admiral. Boorda issued an unusual public defense of Arthur and his decision not to fight for the nomination, saying “Stan Arthur is an officer of integrity … who chose to take this selfless action … in the interests of more rapidly filling a critical leadership position. Those who postulate other reasons for the withdrawal are simply wrong.”

Colonel Philip M. Shue

2003-04-16 USAF SHUE, Philip.  Colonel Shue’s body was found with both nipples excised, a 6” incision down the midline of his chest, duct tape around both wrists and both ankles, an amputated left 5th digit finger, and an amputated left earlobe.  At autopsy, his body bore torn and cut clothing, multiple contusions, lacerations, incisions, and punctures wounds to his extremities, all suggestive of defensive injuries.  The presence of a large amount of Lidocaine in his system was found consistent with an amount used in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and inconsistent with any use for the purpose of anesthesia; a theory originally pushed by Military Investigators to support their unfounded conclusion of a self mutilation and an elaborately staged suicide.

Colonel Michael Stahlman

2008-07-31  USMC Stahlman, Michael.   Colonel Stahlman was vocal in his disappointment with the manner in which the entire Haditha matter was handled by the Marine Corps hierarchy and recommended that charges against Grayson be dropped. The recommendation was rejected by prosecutors and Grayson eventually was cleared of all charges in June 2008.

At the time of Grayson’s acquittal, Colonel Stahlman was serving as the Rule of Law Coordinator at Camp Ramadi Iraq, where he was found unconscious with a gunshot wound to the left side of his head on July 31, 2008. Never regaining consciousness, he died months later on October 5, 2008 at Bethesda Naval Hospital.

His shooting was immediately suspicious to his widow Kimberly. Despite the fact that Colonel Stahlman was right-handed and had no history of depression, the Naval Criminal Investigative Services and the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology apparently labeled his shooting a suicide within hours of the incident without performing all available evidence testing.

CATEGORY III:  Died of Natural Causes

UNDERWOOD, Mrs.      Brain tumor, pre-existing condition.